As it’s my birthday this week (and I am alot older than I look and act!) I thought I would write something a little bit different to my usual travel tips and tales.
Even though I am married and have responsibilities like a job, house and mortgage, I feel far from being “a proper adult”. I am not someone who knows about the current interest rates on an ISA or whether we should be in or out of the EU.
I should probably think about growing up soon but then again, as my past self once said “Immaturity is the key to a youthful complexion”. So I’ll save that for another day and instead share with you 10 ways to embrace your inner child!
1. Grab some junk food and have a Disney movie marathon. If Disney isn’t your thing (what are you doing here?!) then indulge in some classics from your childhood. For you 80/90s kids, how about Home Alone, Big, The Goonies, Jurassic Park and Ghostbusters?
2. Go to the park, play on the swings and feed the ducks (although not bread as apparently this is bad for them).
3. Summer? Have a water fight! Winter? Have a snowball fight!
4. Go to an ice cream parlour and have a massive sundae for lunch.
5. Listen to a song that brings back nostalgic memories then dance around like a nutter or sing along to the top of your lungs.
6. Spend the day at the zoo/funfair/theme park.
7. Play some video games. I’m a fan of the Nintendo Wii.
8. Blow bubbles – either from a pot with a wand or through the medium of bubblegum.
9. Get creative. “The creative adult is the child who survived” – Ursula K. Le Guin. So write a story, paint a picture or just get messy with glitter! Unleash your creative spirit!
10. Go to a fancy dress party. Or just dress up for the fun of it.
What’s your favourite way to embrace your inner child?
If you liked this post then you might enjoy Alphabet Dating – K is for Kids for the day.
Follow me on Bloglovin