I have this theory that everything in January and February sucks – my social life, bank balance, health, the weather etc etc blah blah blah.
And then along comes March and with the arrival of spring, the blossom on the trees and the daffodils popping up all over the place, plus the lighter evenings, everything starts to look rosy again.
Of course this is probably just my imagination over analysing things but what I’m trying to say is – yay! March!
What I’ve been up to
I have started volunteering at my local cat shelter, the same one we rescued our cat from actually. It’s something I’ve been thinking about doing for a while and I’m enjoying it so far. To be honest, I think I prefer the company of animals to people anyway – far less drama.
I’ve also started taking yoga classes. No word of a lie, after my first class I was still hurting 4 days later! I’m not very good at keeping up with exercise classes so this will probably fall by the wayside along with the bellydancing, aerobics and zumba (and we don’t talk about that one street dance class I attended) but I will try my best to keep at it because I think it could be very beneficial for me in both body and mind.
Of course, March gave us Easter. I’m not sure what I was more excited about – 4 days off work or all the chocolate?! I love Easter and was always fortunate that I rarely had to go to school on my birthday due to it falling during the Easter school holidays. I might be an April Fool but I was also born on Good Friday, which means I am good too!
I still haven’t quite managed to pick up the pace I started in January but it takes me so darn long to write anything! Fast reader, slow writer.
But here’s what I did write…
On the blog
- I finally got around to writing about the day I attended Spy Academy. That’s right folks, the name’s Blonde, 007.
- I started Alphabet Dating with my husband – ‘A’ saw us visit an Alice in Wonderland exhibition and the Aquarium in London.
- Every now and again I like to get a little nostalgic with a #throwbackthursday post. This time I relived my visit to the upside down house in Orlando.
- Getting involved in another WordPress photo challenge except as well as photos I thought I would treat you all to a little video too. Incase you missed it, here it is. I promise you it’s worth watching, unless you’ve already seen a guy spin fire while riding a jetblade??
- I reminisced about the time I soaked in the Blue Lagoon in Iceland. You wanna check that out just for the super sexy photo of me looking all like a professional travel blogger and stuff 😉 Trust me, it will make you feel better about yourself.
- I also raved about some burgers that I ate in New Zealand. Those kiwis know how to make a decent burger!
- And I got in touch with my inner child (which to be honest isn’t a very difficult task for me as I sit here in my Mickey Mouse pyjamas eating butterscotch flavour Angel Delight).
April is already looking set to be a good one, so when I’m not stuck in the office, gallivanting around London, hanging out with cats or indulging my sweet tooth, I will try my hardest to type as fast as my little fingers can and keep this blog ticking over (as opposed to lying on the sofa binge watching Pretty Little Liars).
How was your March? Did you have a good Easter? And what are your top tips for being a quicker blogger?! Let me know in the comments!